To eat or not to eat: I haven’t really gained weight. To be honest, I hardly eat because my appetite is non-existent. I sometimes have to force myself to eat something, and when I do, I eat like mouse. The most difficult thing for me these days is thinking and finding what to eat, because upon thinking of eating some type of meat, I feel disgusted. I want salads, but prefer dressings that have egg in it. But I can’t eat those. I want turkey subs, but can’t have deli meat. That’s why I’m not gaining weight.
The baby bump: But as you can see, still have that baby bump :). I’m pretty proud of it; I’ve always loved having a baby bump, knowing that my beloved is in there. Pretty lame? Nah- it’s a mother thing. My mom use to tell me that back in the day, women didn’t like publicly showing their baby bump even through their clothes; but here, these days, why be ashamed to let people know you’re having a baby- because, you are! Why do women try to hide it under thick and loose clothes?
Post-Ultrasound: So today, I got a phone call from my OBGYN giving me the results of my first ultrasound. Everything looks great and the baby’s measurement confirms that we’re 12 weeks. The news put a smile to my face, knowing the baby’s ok. Thank you Lord.
Pregnancy memories so far?
- During choir practice, when I start stressing, the women start screaming "she’s pregnant!"
- After youth, while hangout, the youth will drive to get me food because they’re super sweet.
- My husband, despite a long day at work, will drive to get me food that I’m craving, no matter how late.
- Every night, and I mean, every night, Ate Emma will pray for Baby Z. And every morning, she’ll kiss my tummy and say "good morning, baby Z."
- Instead of hugs now, people greet me by saying, "Hi preggers!" and then rub my stomach.